To most people, a good party means great cocktails! Those colourful concoctions in the fancy glasses are so attractive. Frankly speaking they are not very difficult to create either. Your party can become a sure hit if you have a bar serving fancy drinks. A few cocktail lessons will give you an idea how it is done. Many bars around the world hold cocktail lessons often in a party ambience as an interactive masterclass, as do culinary or bartending institutes.
Which Cocktail lessons follow?
Unless you intend to become a professional bartender it is best to taste and choose only a few cocktails, practice making them, master them and then go ahead impress your friends and family. But remember once they realize how good you are, you will get landed with the duty of bartending at all your gatherings unless you opt for professional help!
Basic cocktail lessons will teach you how to make some classic drinks like Manhattan, Tom Collins, Gin Fizz, Margarita, Planter’s Punch, Bloody Mary etc. If you want to go one step further opt for cocktail lessons that have more exotic stuff on their list.
The latest trend in bartending is molecular mixology where in the cocktails don’t remain liquid drinks any more. With the help of science the mixologist or bartender changes the texture and density of the drinks to such an extent that the cocktails transcend to become little pieces of art providing the consumer with a totally different taste experience altogether. There are cocktail lessons where you can specifically learn molecular mixology. Once you learn the tricks, you can also create that magic in your home bar by procuring the molecular mixology kits that are available online.
Let us talk about a few of the most exotic cocktails in the world. They are basically fruit based and the first sip will transport you straight to the tropics!
- Lychee Martini: This vodka and vermouth cocktail is flavoured with lychee juice. Garnished with a couple of lychees and an orchid it sure looks and tastes exotic and sophisticated.
- Blue Lagoon: A highball glass with plenty of ice and a blue drink will remind you of the Caribbean Sea. Vodka is coloured blue with the curacao liqueur made from the laraha fruit found in the island of Curacao.
- Pina Colada: This official drink of Puerto Rico is world famous! White and dark rum, coconut cream, pineapple juice, a dash of bitters, garnished with sliced pineapple and maraschino cherries, this exotic cocktail is a sure winner.
- Mango Daiquiri: A Cuban cocktail that will truly transport you to Paradise. Dark rum, orange curacao liqueur, chunks of mango, sweet and sour mix blended with ice is an absolute delight for all your senses.
- Between the Sheets: As the name suggests this is a flirty sexy cocktail and contains light rum, brandy, triple sec, lemon juice and ice.
- Bahama Mama: Served in a coconut shell in the Bahamas this cocktail has very interesting ingredients. Coffee liqueur, coconut liqueur, pineapple juice are combined with rum to create this knock out drink.
What will I learn with cocktail lessons?
Whether you take formal cocktail lessons or not you can always become an expert if you put your heart in to the creation of exotic cocktails!